Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Disgusting

A group of "animal rights activists" has burned down the vacation home of Novartis CEO Daniel Vasella and took his mother's ashes after vandalizing the gravestone. Their objection was apparently Novartis's contracting to a lab in the UK called HLS. As the article points out, Novartis hasn't even been doing business with them for a while. Not that this excuses the behavior either way.

I've been trying to fathom the thinking of these people, and I'm sorry, I just can't. I even looked over PETA's materials on animal testing (don't waste your time) just to see what could possibly in any sort of twisted perverted way make someone think this sort of thing is okay. It's more evidence that these people are dangerously out-of-touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom of speech! Comment freely. I will delete just as freely. Generally, avoid being obnoxious and you'll avoid frustration.

Keep in mind your comments may be held up by a spam filter.