Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Behavior

I was pulling out my pad of paper in history class today when something new happened. We were going to do a little mini-quiz type thing our professor has us do to make sure we're doing the reading. It's usually only one or two paragraphs. I was asked by the girl sitting next to me if I had any scrap paper to spare. I said no, not scrap paper. When I said this, she turned to the person in front of her and asked a question that will be etched in my mind forever,

"Do you want to go green with me? Split a piece of paper in half?"

Look at the phrasing of it, "Do you want to go green with me?" That gets me. I suppose the intention is good, I have no quarrel with someone who wants to conserve things. I just wasn't aware it could be a casual social activity.

"Hey Harv, what do you say we carry these groceries in our hands and go green today?"

"In public?"

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

"Oh okay."

Just when I think I have society figured out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom of speech! Comment freely. I will delete just as freely. Generally, avoid being obnoxious and you'll avoid frustration.

Keep in mind your comments may be held up by a spam filter.